Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Joy Cometh in the Morning

We made it. After a month of worry, doctor visits, tests (including yet another one of these), several priesthood blessings, and many tender mercies of the Lord, Phil is feeling better and is back to work.

I cannot begin to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Those first two to three weeks were very hard on me emotionally, but although "weeping may endure for a night, ... joy cometh in the morning." The experience was hard, but I found peace in unexpected places. Because I know that others out there are struggling with their own challenges, I wanted to share the scriptures that helped me the most:

John 14:27

D&C 121:7-10

Proverbs 3:5

Thank you, friends, for your concern and your prayers. No one should ever have to go through something like this alone, and you became my rock, even though I may not have reached out directly to you for the support.

13 comments:

sue-donym said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sue-donym said...

So glad to hear that things are are on the upswing. You have definitely been in our prayers.

Thank you for the wonderful scripture links. Great words of comfort.

LuckyRedHen said...

:-)

TheOneTrueSue said...

I'm so glad he is feeling better, and glad that YOU are feeling better.

Gerb said...

I've been checking for an update daily...so glad to hear things are good again!

wendysue said...

I'm glad you're seeing some of the light again. We LOVE you!!

p.s. need any girl clothes???

dalene said...

I'm so glad to hear it! Hey, now we can plan your baby shower! Call or e-mail me with possible dates during the third week of March or so (don't want to wait too long--you're almost there!)

Robyn said...

I am so glad to read things are better with you and yours.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I'm so glad that everything's okay. I was thinking about you and your family a lot. You were my secret inspiration behind my recent Julie post, too!

Geo said...

Julie, I am checking in after a long time behind in my blog reading. I have missed two of your posts, but two very important ones. I am so sad to learn about your traumas. I am thankful you're all okay now. I wish I'd been in the know so I could add my prayers and loving wishes, but at least I can join in with the follow-up gratitude.

I'm looking forward to hugging you at the shower. God bless you (continually)!

Lyle said...

Whew!

i i eee said...

I second the red hen.

:)

Jan said...

Love prayers. They seem to work.
Glad its over. :-)