Friday, April 23, 2010

And Life Goes On

Some of you know that my older brother, Kerry, was in a serious ATV accident last Friday. It's going to be a rough road. Friends and neighbors are combining efforts to help Kerry's family. With two missionaries out (the second one leaves on the 28th next week), added to the astronomical medical costs, the financial situation is going to be bad. The boys are concerned about the financial burden that their missions will be on top of everything else. If you can, please check out the button on my side bar for details about an online auction for the family on May 3rd. There will also be a huge yard sale/bake sale on Saturday, May 1st. If you want details on that, leave me your e-mail in the comments and I'll send you the information.

Thank you, everyone.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Julie, I won't go into details here, but during my career I have cared for people who were in the situation Kerry is in now. I have deep compassion and sorrow for him and his family. And hope for their future. I want you, him, his family to know that they are in my heart and prayers.

I love what blogland does at times like this and I want to help in whatever way I can. Sara's wedding is May 1st, reception May 8th and lots of goings-on in between. I am swamped. I'll find a way to contribute as I can, just know that I care, even if I can't physically be there. Love you.

B said...

Julie, I had no idea! I'm so sorry. Will you let me know what I can do to help? We're thinking about you and your family.

Briahna